- Plural of instrument
An Instrument is a tool, intended for a purpose other than mechanical work, in particular a refined one.
- Musical instruments are devices designed to produce music, frequently by plucking or striking a string or bell or drum surface, or by forcing air to resonate (see wind instrument).
- Scientific instruments are devices intended to assist in the
conduct of science. An example would be the test tubes and other
glassware one might find in a chemistry or biology laboratory.
Scientific instruments are not limited to laboratory
equipment; an example is the Hubble
telescope. Specific categories of scientific instruments
- Measuring instruments are devices used to measure or compare the magnitude of physical properties, such as voltmeters, speedometers, timers and clocks, weighing machines,etc.
- Analytical instruments are devices used to measure multiple or complex material properties, such as mass spectrometers.
- Astronomical instruments are use to observe, record and measure the position of heavenly bodies, such as stars, planets, comets etc.
- Flight instruments are devices used to maintain attitude of aircraft in IMC.
- Medical instruments are devices for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, such as stethoscopes.
- Instruments of torture is a term for the means whereby some act of torture is accomplished.
- Legal instruments are documents used to formally document various types of transactions or confirm certain statuses for specific purposes, such as confirming contractual relations, civil status, etc. Examples include wills, writs, court order, contracts, treaties, marriage licenses and driver's licenses.
- Financial instruments are documents used to formally document various types of financial transactions. Examples include loan agreements, bonds, mortgages, stocks and floating charges.
- Negotiable instruments are a class of documents evidencing promises or orders to pay a certain sum of money.
- In statistics, an instrument is an instrumental variable.
- A statutory instrument refers to a regulation or other secondary legislation passed pursuant to authority given by primary legislation.
- Vehicle instrument (i.e. speedometer, fuel gauge...), analogical or, nowadays, digital.
- Instrument - a documentary film about the band Fugazi.
- INSTRUMENTS is a band from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Instruments is a performance visualizer built in to Mac OS X v10.5.
- weather instruments.
instruments in Asturian: Instrumentu
instruments in Czech: Instrument
instruments in Danish: Instrument
instruments in German: Instrument
instruments in Spanish: Instrumento
instruments in French: Instrument
instruments in Galician: Instrumento
instruments in Croatian: Instrument
instruments in Indonesian: Instrumentasi
instruments in Dutch: Instrument
instruments in Norwegian: Instrument
instruments in Norwegian Nynorsk: Instrument
instruments in Polish: Instrument
instruments in Portuguese: Instrumento
instruments in Romanian: Instrument
instruments in Simple English: Instrument
instruments in Finnish: Instrumentti
instruments in Swedish: Instrument